To kick off 2016 we thought that it would be great to start the year off fasting. As a church we have some specific areas of prayer:
- Pray for that we all are inviting people into our faith, investing in them through discipleship and inspiring people to live evangelistically. (Eph. 4:16)
- Pray for corporate engagement in the four areas of outreach for Vision: The Poor, Prisoner, Single Parent and the Unborn.
- Pray for unsaved family members, friends and co-workers to get saved THIS year.
- Pray that every member and attender will contribute financially to God’s mission within Vision Church and that we may exceed our budget of $240K, thus having the resources needed to impact the City. (Acts 4:32 and 2 Corinthians 9:7)
- Pray that our Easter service on March 27th 2016, will have hundreds to hear the Gospel on that day. (We are believing God for 400, but we want more.)
- Pray for God’s movement in transforming and building up the Vision body from commitment to community; through character and calling. (We want every member serving in their spiritual giftedness). (1 Cor. 12:12-14; 18-20; 24-28)
- Pray for God to make it clear to couples and individuals to bring into intentional and sustaining life on life discipleship relationships. (Matt 28:19)
- Pray for our Community Groups to grow and expand. We want to double of CG’s this year. (Acts 16:5)
- Pray for Vision Kidz and Vision Youth.
- Pray for marriages and singles.
- Pray for our partnerships with the Boys Club, Child Evangelism Fellowship(CEF), Gateway and Raleigh Prison.
- Pray that RDU is changed by the gospel because of our presence as anevangelistic, loving and relational church.
We’re not asking you to pray this entire list nightly (though you are free to do so), but we are asking that you and your family focus on 2-3 daily. We want all hands on deck for this time prayer and fasting I’d love to hear from you on how God is speaking to you during this time. For more detailed information about the fast check out the Vision Church Fast link and please share. I’m looking forward to how God will use this fast for His glory.